NASSAU, Bahamas, Sept. 5, 2019 /CNW/ — Bahamian officials continue to assess the damage in The Abacos and Grand Bahama Island, the two islands in the Northwest Bahamas that were devastated by Hurricane Dorian. Relief teams are currently deployed and are providing assistance to those in need.
The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation (BMOTA) urges travelers to consider keeping and pursuing their vacations to the islands that were not affected and remain open. In the Northwest Bahamas, these include the Bahamas capital of Nassau and neighboring Paradise Island, as well as Eleuthera, Harbour Island, Andros, Bimini and The Berry Islands. The Islands in the Southeastern and Central Bahamas remain unaffected, including The Exumas, Cat Island, San Salvador, Rum Cay, Long Island, Acklins/Crooked Island, Mayaguana and Inagua.
“While we are still processing the impact that Hurricane Dorian has had on our country, we must stay strong for our friends, loved ones and neighbors on Grand Bahama Island and The Abacos,” said Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation Deputy Director General, Ellison ‘Tommy’ Thompson. “We appreciate the outpouring of support from citizens around the world and we ask that you continue to donate, continue to send prayers and continue to visit Nassau, Paradise Island and the Out Islands that were not affected.”
The following is a status update on airports, hotels, airlines and cruise schedules at this time. This is not a comprehensive list and visitors are strongly advised to check directly with airlines, hotels and cruise lines regarding possible impacts to travel plans.
- Lynden Pindling International Airport (LPIA) in Nassau remains open with flights from international gateways back on schedule.
- Airports in Exuma are open with regular non-stop flights from major gateways.
- South Bimini Airport (BIM) is open.
- North Eleuthera Airport (ELH) is open.
- Stella Maris Airport (SML) and Deadman’s Cay Airport (LGI) in Long Island remain open.
- Grand Bahama International Airport (FPO) and Leonard Thompson International Airport (MHH) in Marsh Harbour, Abaco will remain closed until further notice.
- Hotels in Nassau and Paradise Island remain open.
- Many hotels and resorts in the Out Islands regularly close during the fall months and reopen beginning October.
- Hotels in Grand Bahama Island and The Abacos will remain closed until further notice.
FERRY, CRUISE AND PORTS
- Nassau ports are open and cruises are arriving daily.
- Bahamas Ferries has resumed sailings, but passengers should check in with reservations for further information and updated schedules by calling 242-323-2166.
- Bahamas Cruise Line’s Grand Celebration’s regularly scheduled sailing for September 5 remains cancelled. For more information, please call 800-374-4363.
- Balearia Caribbean sailings will resume Friday, September 6. Sailings to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island are open to Bahamian residents only. For more information, please contact 866-699-6988.
- The Port in Grand Bahama Island is open at this time. However, ports in The Abacos remain closed until further notice.
Many Hurricane Dorian Bahamas relief efforts are underway. For information on how to help, go to www.bahamas.com/relief.
Anita Johnson-Patty, Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation
Weber Shandwick, Public Relations for The Bahamas
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hurricane-dorian-and-the-islands-of-the-bahamas-300912976.html
SOURCE Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation
Source URL: Read More
The public content above was dynamically discovered, by graded relevancy to this keyword domain, and was specifically filtered by “Creative Commons“ re-use licensing and/or by Press Release distributions. “Source URL” states the content’s owner and/or publisher. This site references the content above to generate its value-add, the dynamic sentimental analysis below, which allows us to research global sentiments across a multitude of topics related to this site’s specific keyword domain. Additionally, this site references the content above to power its on-demand “Read Article to Me” feature, which reads the content aloud to visitors. Views expressed in the content above are solely those of the authors. We take content ownerships seriously: Click “DMCA” in site footer to request applicable content take-down.
Acquire this Domain
You can acquire this site’s domain name! We have nurtured its online marketing value by systematically curating this site by the domain’s relevant keywords. Explore our content network – you can advertise on each or rent vs. buy the domain. [email protected] | Skype: TLDtraders | +1 (475) BUY-NAME (289 – 6263). Thousands search by this site’s exact keyword domain name! Most are sent here because search engines often love the keyword. This domain can be your 24/7 lead generator! If you own it, you could capture a large amount of online traffic for your niche. Stop wasting money on ads. Instead, buy this domain to gain a long-term marketing asset. If you can’t afford to buy then you can rent the domain.
We are Internet Investors, Developers, and Franchisers – operating a content network of several thousand sites while federating 100+ eCommerce and SaaS startups. With our proprietary “inverted incubation” model, we leverage a portfolio of $100M in valued domains to impact online trends, traffic, and transactions. We use robotic process automation, machine learning, and other proprietary approaches to power our content network. Contact us to learn how we can help you with your online marketing and/or site maintenance.